Description: This is a grass roots effort to rapidly enable Sacramento Valley Chapter Project Management Institute chapter members to find the right employment. The Career Development Team caters to business analysts, project managers, program managers and technical architects.
The Project Management Institute (PMI), Sacramento Valley Chapter's Career Development Forum meets twice a month on Saturdays. We share our experiences and knowledge on a number of job search topics and conduct round table discussions regarding our efforts and attitudes relating to our job search. It is not necessary to be a current member of PMI in order to attend.
While meetings are open to all, we encourage membership in the PMI-SVC Chapter. There are no fees associated with attendance.
This group assembles twice a month, usually the first and third Saturdays of each month. Check the PMI-SVC calendar of events in case meeting dates change (due to holidays) .
What participants can expect form attending:
Participants can expect to meet others conducting their job search, an opportunity to practice their "30 Second Me", and an excellent opportunity to Network. PMI members will also earn 1.5 PDUs.
When: The Career Development Forum meets from 7:00am to 9:30am on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. Check the PMI-SVC Calendar.
Where: Lyon's (formerly Ginger's) Restaurant or Brookfield's in Rancho Cordova. Check the PMI-SVC Calendar for location and address.
Contact the Forum Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the Forum Lead - Click Here
How to report PDU's for attending Forum Meetings:
1. Navigate tohttp://PMI.ORG
2. Login using your PMI user id and password.
3. Click the View PDU's link (see left side of the screen in Certification Status Box area)
4. Login using your PMI ID and PMP Certification numbers.
5. At this point, you can VIEW your reported PDU's here.
6. To report PDU's click on the PDU Reporting form link on the left side of the screen
7. Select Category 3 from the drop-down box to report for a Breakfast Roundtable Meeting
8. Next enter in the PMI-SVC provider id of: C035 and Click the [Get Programs from this provider]button.
9. Click the [ 1 or 2 PDU Event ] Button at the top of the screen to report a short event of one or two PDU's
10. Enter in the event name as something like: "PMI-SVC I-80 Breakfast Roundtable Mtg Aug 2008"
11. Enter in the date of the meeting in the Activity Date field
12. Enter in 1 PDU in the PDU's earned field
13. Select an item from the Stated objectives drop down box, Click the "I Agree" checkbox and finally click on the [Preview] button
14. Review and Finalize your submission.
I enthusiastically recommend the PMI Sacramento Valley Chapter's "Career Development Team" to any Project Manager who finds him or herself stuck "on the bench". By attending the Job Team meetings, I instantly found a sense of camaraderie among other job seekers that broke my sense of isolation and monotony.
-- Steve Boswell