Description: The PMI-SVC PMO Forum is intended for anyone involved with or interested in the operation and processes of Project Management Offices (PMOs). It is a lunchtime forum and Q&A session on a variety of topics relating to the operation and processes of a PMO. The presentations are from the presenter’s experience, expertise and lessons learned knowledge. The presenters are experienced Project Managers who have been intimately involved with the operation and management of various PMOs throughout the Sacramento area.
The PMO Forum has been conducted since 2004. The PMO Forum requires no reservations, asks for no fees, PMI membership is not required, and the atmosphere is informal to encourage two way conversations during the presentations.
What can participants expect to gain from attending?
The expected attendees would include PMO Managers, members and anyone interested in obtaining information on the different aspects of managing and participating in a PMO. The topics are not restricted to just PMO participants they are dynamic enough to be applied to Project Management practices outside of PMOs as well. Anyone participating in Project Management activities can take away knowledge that will benefit their project management activities.
The PMO Forum meets monthly, from January through November, on the 4th Wednesday of each month. There is no meeting in December. So please check the events calendar for more information.
Sign-up: For more info Click HERE
Please bring a picture ID for admission
Archive of Prior Meetings Click HERE
How to report PDU's for attending Forum Meetings:
1. Navigate to http://PMI.ORG
2. Login using your PMI user id and password.
3. Click the View PDU's link (see left side of the screen in Certification Status Box area)
4. Login using your PMI ID and PMP Certification numbers.
5. At this point, you can VIEW your reported PDU's here.
6. To report PDU's click on the PDU Reporting form link on the left side of the screen
7. Select Category 3 from the drop-down box to report for a Breakfast Roundtable Meeting
8. Next enter in the PMI-SVC provider id of: C035 and Click the [Get Programs from this provider]button.
9. Click the [ 1 or 2 PDU Event ] Button at the top of the screen to report a short event of one or two PDU's
10. Enter in the event name as something like: "PMI-SVC I-80 Breakfast Roundtable Mtg Aug 2008"
11. Enter in the date of the meeting in the Activity Date field
12. Enter in 1 PDU in the PDU's earned field
13. Select an item from the Stated objectives drop down box, Click the "I Agree" checkbox and finally click on the [Preview] button
14. Review and Finalize your submission.