WHAT: Certified ScrumMaster (CSM®)
WHEN: April 13- 16 2020 - 8:00AM to 12:00PM PDT
Price: $850.00 Standard Pricing until April 8, 2020
This is a 4-day event. Each day's hours are 8:00AM to 12:00PM
Full participation is required for certification--no exceptions.
Your instructor: Steve Ostermiller is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), co-author of Agile Project Management For Dummies, and technical editor of Scrum For Dummies and Pearson Education's Agile Foundations Complete Video Course.
Go Platinum – and experience what world-class training can do.
Our immersive instructional techniques teach you Scrum by having you do Scrum – just as it is done in the real world. A small sampling of what you'll get:
- Certified ScrumMaster training by a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) with the Scrum Alliance, the largest, most established and influential professional membership and certification organization in the Agile community, having certified nearly 1 million practitioners worldwide
- A highly-interactive learning experience with examples and exercises that truly enable understanding of Scrum, by one of the few consulting firms solely focused on agile transformation for almost 20 years
- Post-course assessment and Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) registration for each participant with the Scrum Alliance
- Sixteen (16) PDUstoward PMP® and PMI-ACP® certifications by a Project Management Institute (PMI)® Registered Education Provider (REP)
- Two-year membership for each class participant with the Scrum Alliance, which includes the exam fee
- All course materials and resources
This class is offered in partnership with PMI to support the local PM community.
This highly interactive certification course provides in-depth understanding of the Scrum team-based approach to iterative development. The course trains participants in the full range of Scrum topics, from basic theory to organizational implementation, including practical applications, roles, and scaling. This course provides Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master certification, 16 PDUs toward PMP recertification and 16 PDUs toward PMI-ACP certification.
Scrum supports responsive development that:
- Adapts to volatile business needs and ongoing refinement of business solutions
- Drives efficient and effective production
- Ensures closer adherence to customers’ real-world needs through streamlined planning
- Supports faster deployment of production-grade solutions so your organization can gain market advantage and business value
- Reduces project risk through rapid iterations of development that inform opportunity assessments
When this course has been completed, attendees will have gained in-depth practical knowledge of Scrum and its benefits.
Topics included in this course are:
- Agile foundational concepts
- Defined vs. Empirical process control
- The Agile Manifesto
- The 12 Agile Principles
- Scrum concepts
- Theory and principles
- How the Scrum approach supports agile principles
- Planning and tracking with Scrum
- Shippable functionality and getting to Done
- Scrum roles and responsibilities
- Product owner
- Scrum master
- Development team
- Scrum artifacts
- Product backlog
- Sprint backlog
- Product increment
- Scrum events
- Sprint planning
- Daily scrum
- Sprint review
- Sprint retrospective
- Requirements analysis
- Estimating and prioritizing product backlog items
- Technical debt
- Scaling across multiple teams and multiple geographies
- Tips on, techniques for, and benefits of helping clients and management understand the Scrum framework
- How to transition to Scrum, with a review of management and team challenges associated with the transition, along with strategies to respond to those challenges
- Preparation for the CSM certification test
Money Back Guarantee: Over 7,000 Recommendations Can't Be Wrong
Platinum Edge provides one of the best training programs in the industry. Platinum Edge has so much confidence that you will be satisfied with the training that Platinum Edge offers a 100% money-back guarantee. If by the end of the course you are not satisfied, Platinum Edge will provide a full refund of the registration fee.
Price Match Guarantee
Platinum Edge will match any published price on identical classes offered by other providers in a comparable geographic area. Show Platinum Edge the lower published price and Platinum Edge will match the price or refund you the difference.
Platinum Edge will provide a full refund for any reason prior to one week before the start of the class. If less than one week prior to class, you will be charged $100 if you cancel and do not transfer your registration to a future Platinum Edge class.
Please see the Platinum Edge Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to other common questions.
PMI, PMP, PMI-ACP and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc
CSM and its logo are registered trademarks of Scrum Alliance, Inc.
Steve Ostermiller is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), co-author of Agile Project Management For Dummies, and technical editor of Scrum For Dummies and Pearson Education's Agile Foundations Complete Video Course.