The PMI Sacramento Valley Chapter thanks and recognizes you for your outstanding efforts!
1. How long have you been volunteering for PMI-SVC?
I have been volunteering with PMI-SVC for eight months. My first position has been the Mentor Program. I’ve learned a lot, met many people and look forward to continuing to volunteer.
2. What roles have you filled?
I’ve been a Chapter member for quite a while. During most of that time I was not very active. About two years ago I decided to take advantage of being a PMI member by learning about what is available and participating more. In November, 2019 the Chapter advertised for the Mentor Program Director position. Being very interested in contributing to people’s growth I volunteered and was chosen.
Throughout my career I’ve held positions associated with all aspects of IT solutioning and process improvement, from Sales, design/development, through adoption. During most of my career I’ve used project management.
3. What do you enjoy about being a volunteer for the Chapter?
Being a volunteer for the Chapter has given me the opportunity to:
- Engage and collaborate with Chapter members
- Improve my project management and communication skills in an area outside of the industry that I work in
- Get to know some of the Chapter leadership
- A sense of involvement, participation and giveback
- A greater exposure to the wealth of talent that our Chapter members process
4. What do you like to do in your spare time?
- 2020 2020
- I am currently unemployed so I spend time searching for a position.
- My wife and I spend time training and playing with our two dogs, Malinois, who have competed in working dog national championships.
- I have fun doing yardwork & house repairs, motorcycling, kayaking, hiking and socializing